Your local Country Education Foundation (CEF) supports youth in your area through financial grants for education and employment expenses. Our grants contribute towards apprenticeships, traineeships, cadetships, diplomas, certificate level studies, university qualifications or employment.
CEF assistance is determined through our local grants program. When you apply for a CEF grant you will need to apply to the local CEF foundation in your area. If you are successful your grant will be awarded and managed by your local foundation.
CEF grants are non-cash. Instead you are reimbursed for education or work related expenses, or a supplier can be paid directly. Grants can cover any education or work related expenses, eg. text books, tools, work equipment, petrol, transport, accommodation, computers, internet access.
Please note: We are not able to provide grants for the payment of HECS fees or debt.
CEF grants are based on financial need, not academic success. You will however, need to demonstrate commitment to achieving your goal. The four essential selection criteria are:
- You have a demonstrated financial need;
- You are aged 16-25 years;
- You have attended school in or currently live in the region covered by your local CEF (view full list HERE); and
- You are able to demonstrate commitment to achieving your goal.
Grant applications are generally open during the second half of each calendar year however each local foundation has their own grant cycle dates for consideration. Please check the closing date for your local foundation here.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview with their local committee.
- Grants will be allocated after interviews have been completed and you are accepted into your chosen course/apprenticeship/training.
Please read these instructions before completing and submitting your application form. Click here to access some guidelines, tips and tricks for submitting your application.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria above.
- Create a profile so you can save and review your application later.
- Any supporting documents you would like to provide can be scanned or photographed and attached at the end of the form.
- You will be advised of the outcome of your application by mail and/or email.
- If shortlisted, you may be asked to attend an interview with your local CEF Committee.
Create a profile
Having a profile with Country Education Foundation lets you keep track of your activity with us.
If you are a student you can log in anytime to apply for a grant or update your details.