Country Education Foundation (CEF) in partnership with the McLean Foundation, offers a three scholarship to help Broken Hill students achieve their university and career goals. The scholarship is available to first year undergraduate university students and is administered through the CEF National Office.
- demonstrate financial need;
- graduate from Willyama High School or Broken Hill High School at the close of the 2017 academic year with plans to study full time at university in 2018 OR
- have had a gap year to work and raise funds towards their study expenses with plans to study full-time in 2019; and have realistic university goals and have demonstrated commitment to achieving these goals.
If you satisfy the criteria and would like to apply for a grant, please complete the online application form. Applicants will be required to attend a panel interview whereupon the outcome of their submission will be notified by email.
Should you be successful in receiving a grant, we request that you agree to the following obligations:
- Include in your application any other grant/scholarship/funding that you are receiving.
- Complete a twice yearly report for the Country Education Foundation on how your goal is progressing and how the grant has assisted you and your marks/grades for the semester.
- Submit half yearly and end of year academic transcripts to the Country Education Foundation.
Where possible all grant monies awarded should be spent with local suppliers and services. Demonstrated ability to do this will increase recipient’s likelihood of gaining further funding through the BCEF.