Start a CEF local foundation
We have a network of over 40 local Country Education Foundations (CEFs) across Australia, all assisting their school-leavers to access further education and training – and investing in the future of their rural and regional communities, but we always need more.
CEF has been operating in local communities around Australia for over 25 years, we know what we do works. We offer the framework and guidance for getting your committee up and running and provide ongoing support and resources along the way including;
- Seed funding of up to $5,000 will be provided over your first three years’ of operation, matching your locally raised funds: a dollar-for-dollar match up to $5,000 in the first year; 50 cents in the dollar up to $3,000 in the second year; 25 cents in the dollar up to $2,000 in the third year.
- Assistance with establishment and how to set up and operate your local CEF.
- Creation and management of governance-based requirements such as the CEF Constitution, CEF Charter and CEF Code of Conduct.
- Public Liability coverage for your CEF events.
- Connection to a network of like-minded communities where other member CEFs operate.
- Introduction to Education Partner organisations including universities which provide CEF grant recipients with additional benefits when attending these institutions; as well as other independent scholarship and grant-making organisations where appropriate.
- Availability of external grant and scholarship opportunities for your local students.
- Ongoing support and guidance to assist you in the operation of your local CEF including fundraising, donor proposals, resource development, etc.
- Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR1) status providing tax deductibility for your donors.
Count me in!
Please give us a call on 1300 652 144 or send an email to [email protected] to further discuss the next steps to starting a CEF local foundation in your area.