1300 652 144
PO Box 245, Orange NSW 2800

Government Assistance

There are a number of government financial assistance options available to rural youth and most of these are available through Centrelink.

We suggest that you contact Centrelink directly to determine your individual entitlements based on circumstances, background, place of residence and schooling.

Financial Help

Financial help for people aged 16 to 24 years who are studying full-time, undertaking a full-time Australian Apprenticeship, training or looking for work.

Austudy provides financial help if you are aged 25 or over and are studying an approved full-time course at an approved institution, or undertaking a full-time Australian Apprenticeship or traineeship.

Helps with costs for Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander Australians who are studying or undertaking an Australian Apprenticeship.

If you need to live away from your parents’ home to study or train, you may be eligible for the higher Away From Home rate of youth allowance.


Living Assistance

Remote Area Allowance gives you extra financial help if you are getting an income support payment and you live in a remote area. 

If you are a full-time student undertaking an approved scholarship course at a higher education institution and are receiving Youth Allowance, Austudy or ABSTUDY Living Allowance, you will receive the Student Start-up Scholarship in two half yearly payments.

The Relocation Scholarship is an annual payment to help students in higher education who live away from their family home while studying.


Loading posts...