Narrabri and Wee Waa
The Country Education Foundation of the Namoi was established to provide much needed financial assistance and support to local youth to help them achieve their post high school education, training and vocation aspirations. We recognise that the cost of rural students pursuing their post high school goals is often much greater than those of their metropolitan counterparts and that sometimes these costs can be prohibitive.
With this in mind, CEF Namoi fundraises throughout the year and accepts donations from local residents and businesses in order to provide financial grants to students who need an extra helping hand. The funds come directly from your local community – none of it is government funded – celebrating the aspirations of local youth and working to help them achieve these aspirations. It’s our way of saying “we believe in you and want to support your goals.
William McIlrath Foundation – CEF Scholarship
Thanks to the generosity of the William McIlrath Charitable Foundation, CEF Namoi also offers the William McIlrath Foundation – CEF Scholarship valued at $22,000 distributed over three years. To be eligible for this scholarship you must;
- have lived in or attended school in CEF Namoi region for a period of at least five years.
- be approved for an offer of place or enrolled on a full time basis in an undergraduate Degree in NSW.
- be identified by CEF Namoi as requiring support.
We support a diverse range of education and career pursuits including apprenticeships, traineeships, cadetships, degrees, diplomas and certificate level studies or entry careers. We do not provide cash grants directly to the recipients – the local foundation reimburses the student for a pre-agreed expense or pays the goods and services providers directly.
Grants are available to local youth who have lived and/or attended school in the region for the majority of their high school years. Your local CEF does not focus on applicant’s academic success. The four essential selection criteria are:
- That you have demonstrated need;
- You are aged 16-25 years;
- That you have gone to school or currently reside in the region covered by CEF Namoi; and
- That you have shown commitment to achieving your goal.
If you satisfy the criteria and would like to apply for a grant, please complete the online application form. Applicants will be required to attend a panel interview whereupon their outcome of their submission will be notified in writing.
Should you be successful in receiving a grant, we request that you agree to the following obligations:
- Notify CEF Namoi if you receive any other grant/scholarship/funding from another source
- Agree to assist with and attend local foundation fundraising and promotional events, if available, at the request of CEF Namoi; and
- Report to CEF Namoi every six months on how you are progressing towards your goal, how the grant has assisted you and your marks/grades for the semester, if applicable.