Clermont & Roma
The Clermont & District Education Group was established to provide much needed financial assistance and support to local youth to help them achieve their post high school education, training and vocation aspirations. We recognise that the cost of rural students pursuing their post high school goals is often much greater than those of their metropolitan counterparts and that sometimes these costs can be prohibitive.
With this in mind, the Clermont & District Education Group fundraises throughout the year and accepts donations from local residents and businesses in order to provide financial grants to students who need an extra helping hand. The funds come directly from your local community – none of it is government funded – celebrating the aspirations of local youth and working to help them achieve these aspirations. It’s our way of saying “we believe in you and want to support your goals”.
We support a diverse range of education and career pursuits including apprenticeships, traineeships, cadetships, degrees, diplomas and certificate level studies or entry careers. We do not provide cash grants directly to the recipients – the local foundation reimburses the student for a pre-agreed expense or pays the goods and services providers directly.
Grants are available to local youth who have lived and/or attended school in the region for the majority of their high school years. Your local CEF does not focus on applicant’s academic success. The four essential selection criteria are:
• That you have demonstrated financial need;
• You are aged 16-25 years;
• That you have gone to school or currently reside in the region covered by your CEF; and
• That you have shown commitment to achieving your goal.
If you satisfy the criteria and would like to apply for a grant, please complete the online application form. Applicants will be required to attend a panel interview whereupon their outcome of their submission will be notified in writing.
Please include on your application form whether or not your family is a member of the Isolated Children’s Parents’ Association.
Should you be successful in receiving a grant, we request that you agree to the following obligations:
• Notify the Clermont & District Education Group if you receive any other grant/scholarship/funding from another source
• Agree to assist with and attend local foundation fundraising and promotional events if available at the Clermont & District Education Group’s request; and
• Report to the Clermont & District Education Group every six months on how your goal is progressing, how the grant has assisted you and your marks/grades for the semester if applicable.
The Clermont & District Education Group
Elizabeth Burnett Chair
0428 315 514
Local Area Schools
Clermont State High School
Roma State College