Does your local community need a CEF foundation? Are you passionate about education and eager to make meaningful impact? Be a part of something extraordinary as we help shape the future of the rural and regional education landscape.
Country Education Foundation of Australia is calling for community-minded individuals to join us in our mission to empower rural and regional youth. Together we can raise the aspirations of local youth to unlock their full potential and provide access to the education opportunities they deserve.
If you are unable to find your community in this foundation list maybe it is time to establish your local CEF foundation
With a network of over 40 local Country Education Foundations (CEFs) across Australia, our unique community-based model enables communities to support and invest – in the future of their rural and regional youth… but we always need more help.
CEF has been operating in local communities around Australia for 30 years, and we know what we do works.
We offer the framework, and guidance for getting your local foundation up and running and provide ongoing support and resources along the way including:
- Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR1) status providing tax deductibility for your donors.
- Assistance with establishment and how to set up and operate your local CEF
- Creation and management of governance-based requirements such as the CEF Constitution, CEF Charter and CEF Code of Conduct.
- Public Liability coverage for your CEF events.
- Streamlined Web based application system
- Online donation functionality
- Local foundation website created and hosted by CEF
- A local foundation CEF branded logo and collateral
- Connection to a network of like-minded communities where other local foundations operate
- Introduction to education partner organisations including universities which provide CEF grant recipients with additional benefits when attending these institutions; as well as other independent scholarship and grant-making organisations where appropriate
- Availability of external grant and scholarship opportunities for your local students
- Ongoing support and guidance to assist you in the operation of your local CEF including fundraising, donor proposals and resource development
HOW TO START A NEW CEF LOCAL FOUNDATION
If there isn’t a CEF local foundation in your area but you are eager to get involved, you could consider establishing local foundation. We are here to help you at each step, and it would go something like this;
- Identify people in your community who would like to join you. Your local foundation should consist of members from all walks of life who share a passion for supporting local youth to achieve their goals. In our experience, an ideal committee size is around 5 – 8 people to get started.
- Complete the Expression of Interest on our website. The EOI will then be assessed by CEF to ensure your prospective local foundation will meet establishment criteria set by the organisation.
- When your EOI is successful, a CEF staff member will be in touch. They will assist you with the completion of the necessary forms required by your Office of Fair Trading (or equivalent) to become an incorporated entity. Once you receive your Notification of Incorporation from the relevant state (or territory) authority, you apply for an ABN, set up a bank account and register with the ACNC to be ready to operate.
- CEF will provide you with a welcome pack including documents outlining CEF policies and the constitution and charter. We will also provide marketing collateral and tips and tricks on running a successful foundation. If at any time you are unsure, or have any questions, one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist.
Still not quite convinced that you should start a foundation and volunteer for CEF? Check out this page for more details on how it all works, and for some information about the benefits of volunteering!