Postcodes 0870, 0871 and 0872
The Country Education Foundation of Central Australia was launched in 2011 to provide financial assistance and support to local youth to help them achieve their post secondary school education, training and vocation aspirations. We recognise that the cost of remote students pursuing their goals is often much greater than those of their metropolitan counterparts and that sometimes these costs can be prohibitive.
With this in mind, CEF Central Australia works to raise funds and attract donations from local residents and businesses in order to provide financial grants to those students who need an extra helping hand. The funds come directly from local supporters as well as interstate who believe in your aspirations and want to help you achieve your aspirations. It’s our way of saying we believe in you!
CEF Central Australia supports a diverse range of education and career pursuits including apprenticeships, traineeships, cadetships, degrees, diplomas and certificate level studies or entry careers. It does not provide cash grants – it reimburses successful applicants for a pre-agreed expense or directly pays the goods and services provider/s.
Grants are available to local youth who have lived and/or attended school in the region for the majority of their high school years.
Your local CEF does not focus on applicant’s academic success.
The four essential selection criteria are:
- That you have demonstrated financial need;
- You are aged 16-25 years;
- That you have gone to school or currently reside in the region covered by your CEF; and
- That you have shown commitment to achieving your goal.
Please ensure your application meets all the criteria to ensure you are considered for an interview. Five interviews will be offered for the available grants. They will be held soon after the closing date.
Should you be successful in receiving a grant, we request that you agree to the following obligations:
- Notify CEF Central Australia if you receive any other grant/scholarship/funding from another source
- Agree to assist with and attend local foundation fundraising and promotional events if available at the request of CEF Central Australia; and
- Report to CEF Central Australia every six months on how your goal is progressing, how the grant has assisted you and your marks/grades for the semester if applicable.
Where possible all grant monies awarded should be spent with local suppliers and services. Demonstrated ability to do this will increase recipient’s likelihood of gaining further funding through the BCEF.