Country Education Foundation (CEF) in partnership with the McLean Foundation, Eureka Benevolent Foundation, Clifford Family Foundation and Andrew and Paula Liveris are offering four x three-year scholarships to help Broken Hill students achieve their university and career goals. The McLeans have a strong connection to the area, with Rob growing up in Broken Hill. Roger Massy-Greene and Leigh Clifford began their successful careers in Broken Hill, and now want to give back to the community through their family foundations, as do Andrew and Paula Liveris.
The scholarships are available to first year undergraduate university students and are administered through the CEF National Office.
Please note: due to the joint administration of these scholarships, all four foundations will have access to your application and personal details. Should you have any questions or concerns, please call (02) 6362 3162.
Applications Open September 2020
Shortlisted applicants will be required to be available for a short
telephone interview during the first week of December.
- demonstrate financial need;
- graduate from Willyama High School or Broken Hill High School at the close of the 2019 academic year with plans to study full time at university in 2020 OR
- have had a gap year to work and raise funds towards their study expenses with plans to study full-time in 2020; and have realistic university goals and have demonstrated commitment to achieving these goals.
If you satisfy the criteria and would like to apply for a grant, please complete the online application form and select Far West NSW as your local foundation. Shortlisted applicants will be required to be available for a short telephone interview during the first week of December whereupon the outcome of their submission will be notified by email.
Should you be successful in receiving a grant, we request that you agree to the following obligations:
- Include in your application any other grant/scholarship/funding that you are receiving.
- Complete a twice yearly report for Country Education Foundation on how your goal is progressing and how the grant has assisted you and your marks/grades for the semester.
- Submit half yearly and end of year academic transcripts to Country Education Foundation.