We need your help to inspire and assist other regional and rural youth to Make it Possible just like you did!
CEF is creating a ‘Make it Possible’ Rural and Regional Inspiration Hub. The resource will compliment the Scholarships Guide and USG and is designed to broaden aspirations and provide all the information and tools that inspire and inform further education decision making for rural and regional students. As you have ‘been there and done just that, we would love your input to make this possible!
If you want to have a sneak peak, follow this link to preview the resource https://cef.org.au/make-it-possible/
It’s simple and we would be so grateful if you could complete the below steps:
1. Choose two of the seven topics below to record a 1-3 minute video for each topic.
2. Record the videos (phone quality is fine. In portrait please!). For example: Hello, my name is Emma , I grew up in Orange NSW and I was/am supported by the CEF Orange and Districts Foundation, which is under the Country Education Foundation of Australia-then share you experiences and wisdom on the topic. Add you personality and style, its not corporate 😀
3. Complete the form below, upload the videos and submit. NB Videos take a few minutes to load after pressing submit so stay on the page 🙂
If you have any problems or questions email me! email@example.com
1. Advice and resources: Who did you go to for help or advice? What resources or information helped you? Peers, careers advisors, institutions, events, websites.
2. Overcoming challenges and barriers: Why it is worth overcoming them for post school study. Distance, moving away from home, finances, health, family commitments, being mature age.
3. The achievements and success: The positives. Making the most of opportunities, experiences you never thought were possible by getting out of your comfort zone.
4. Worries or fears: Moving away/staying at home, making friends, fitting in. How it worked out or how it really was. Addressing issues and concerns through real examples.
5. Indecision/decision making: Being first in family, which course, costs, not having the marks or knowing the best pathways. To Gap year or not to gap year?
6. Money matters: Costs, scholarships, Centrelink, working etc. Student examples.
7. Drought, bushfire, Covid-19 or other external impacts where relevant to you.
The resource is being developed by CEF, education partner Macquarie University (MQU) and other relevant stakeholders.